The purpose of the Social Choice and Welfare Prize is to honour young scholars of excellent accomplishment in the area of social choice theory and welfare economics. The laureate should be 40 years or less as of January of the year when the International Meeting of the Society for Social Choice and Welfare is scheduled to take place. During this meeting, the prize winner(s) will give a plenary lecture. For more information about the prize, please click here.
Souvik Roy and Piotr Skowron receive the twelfth social choice and welfare prize.
Past Laureates :
- 2022 : GABRIEL CARROLL and JAMIE MORGENSTERN
- 2020 : PIETRO ORTOLEVA and ARIEL PROCACCIA
- 2018 : GEORGY EGOROV and DEBASIS MISHRA
- 2016 : FUHITO KOJIMA and PARAG PATHAK
- 2014 : VINCENT CONITZER and TIM ROUGHGARDEN
- 2012 : LARS EHLERS and ADAM MEIROWITZ
- 2010 : FRANZ DIETRICH and CHRISTIAN LIST
- 2008 : TAYFUN SÖNMEZ
- 2006 : JOHN DUGGAN
- 2004 : FRANCOIS MANIQUET
- 2002 : MATTHEW JACKSON